Indulge in the luxurious experience of our Creamy Chocolate Mousse, where the rich and velvety texture meets the exquisite notes of Chardonnay Marc in our Vine to Bar Chocolate. Elevating the flavor profile to new heights, our dark chocolate brings a sophisticated depth, making each spoonful a symphony of decadence. Get ready to savor a dessert that transcends ordinary indulgence and takes your taste buds on an unforgettable journey.
- 4 egg yolks
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups full-fat coconut milk (we love Thai Kitchen for this recipe)
- 1, 2.8 oz Vine to Bar Dark Chocolate Bar, chopped OR 8, Vine to Bar Dark Chocolate Tasting Squares, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Splash of vanilla
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- In a small saucepan, heat the coconut milk and chocolate, vanilla, a pinch of salt, and cocoa powder over medium heat until fully incorporated.
- Slowly whisk ¼ cup of the chocolate milk mixture into the egg and sugar mixture to temper the eggs, then slowly add the egg mixture, whisking quickly, into the rest of the milk mixture.
- Continue to whisk on low heat for about 10-15 minutes. The mixture should be thick and velvety.
- Pour into a bowl and place into the fridge until no longer warm.
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream and maple syrup together until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold in the cooled chocolate mixture until just combined. Don’t overmix.
- Spoon the mixture into small serving bowls, then place in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and enjoy!